Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions create a contract between you and Swadhyaya Yoga School (the “Agreement”). Please read the Agreement carefully. To confirm your understanding and acceptance of the Agreement, click “Agree.”
‘We’ refers to Swadhyaya Yoga School. ‘Guest’ refers to the client that made the booking.
Please check the details of your booking carefully before you make payment. After you have made your initial deposit, we cannot accept responsibility for any incorrect details.
1. Deposit. Your seat in the Yoga Teacher Training Course is secured by paying a non-refundable initial per Guest. This initial deposit is non-transferable in the event of cancellation due to COVID19, however, it may be applied to other course options provided on different dates.
2. The balance is due no later than thirty (30) days before the day you are due to arrive. If we do not receive your payment balance, your place may be given to another Guest.
3. Last-minute bookings must be paid for “in full” at the time of booking.
4. Payment. We accept payment by Zelle (US-based applicants ONLY), Bank Transfer, TransferWise or PayPal, (Visa /MasterCard/ Maestro). Please ensure that we receive the full amount for your Yoga Teacher Training Course. You will be responsible for paying any shortfalls in payments by cash upon arrival at the course.
5. If for any reason beyond our control there is a venue issue, we will find an alternative location for your teacher training course/retreat.
6. Health Issues. If you have any health issues, please consult your doctor prior to your trip, to make sure you are in a fit state to join us for your activity-filled holiday. If you are receiving medical care for an existing condition, please notify your healthcare provider that you will be physically practicing yoga four hours per day, six days per week and gain clearance from said provider for this schedule in advance of your training.
7. We reserve the right to make any changes to our program, courses, location or teachers due to extenuating circumstances outside of our control. Alternative arrangements will be offered, but we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare and travel plans.
8. Discounts. We may offer a discount to some students, or last-minute discount places – this does not affect the status of any Guests who have previously paid the full price, and no discount will then become due to them.
9. Swadhyaya Yoga School accepts no liability for loss, damage, injury or illness while you are on holiday with us, or for any travel costs to or from the training site. For these reasons, we highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
10. Travel Insurance. We strongly recommend that you have your own travel insurance to cover any healthcare costs while traveling, loss or injury, including repatriation, if necessary.
11. Passports, visas and health/medical requirements: you are responsible for ensuring that you have a valid passport and any necessary visas, as well as any necessary or required inoculations or other health requirements.
12. We do not allow loud music and try to maintain a peaceful resort. However, we have no control over noise that may be generated by religious festivals. On occasion our neighbors may have a celebration which we must tolerate or embrace.
13. Swadhyaya Yoga School Guests must be respectful and must not engage in offensive, illegal or immoral acts. Should this situation arise or should a Guest become a nuisance to staff at Swadhyaya Yoga School, we reserve the right to ask a Guest to leave the premises or suspend their activities if it is appropriate to do so, without any compensation.
14. We accept no responsibility for travel tickets such as airfare. It is the Guest’s responsibility to secure airfare and organize travel to our destination. Please inform us of your travel itinerary, including arrival date and time.
15. We are exempt from fulfilling our contractual obligations for causes that could not be anticipated and/or are beyond our control, including an act of God, act of man, act of parliament, and other events outside of our control. We will endeavor to provide you with the services mentioned and strive to exceed your expectations.
16. We will not knowingly give your personal information to anybody else (except where required to do so by authorities). We will retain your information and from time to time we may contact you with our promotional and resort-related information.
Please ensure the dates on your visa and passport comply with your countries requirements for travel to each destination. Make sure your passport/visa does not expire during your stay.
Swadhyaya Yoga School adopts the ancient approach to Yoga discipline to impress upon students the innate wisdom manifest in yogic teachings. Teaching and learning are thus designed in such a way that ethical practices are ingrained automatically in the students throughout the course.
The day begins with a daily regimen (Dincharya) an ancient code of conduct. Activities are planned according to the seasonal code of conduct (Ritucharya). Students are expected to adopt the concept of behavior chemistry (Achar-rasayan).
Maharishi Patanjali prescribed certain rules of behavior in society (Yama) and a personal code of conduct (Niyama) as essential behaviors for individuals to follow. We at Swadhyaya Yoga School expect the behavior as described above, to be understood and practiced sincerely and honestly by all students to the best of their ability.
Before students register for the yoga teacher training course they must be aware that this traditional teaching will differ from that of the West. There could even be a fundamental difference in the understanding of the yogic path as taught in yoga schools in the West.
Modified exercises that go by the name of yoga are frowned upon by Swadhyaya Yoga School. Therefore, only those students who are willing to commit to the strict regimen of the course should consider signing up.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Swadhyaya Yoga School’s Code of Conduct is a declaration of acceptable ethical and professional behavior by which all students agree to conduct themselves during the course of their training.
Our Code of Conduct is intended to promote an orderly and peaceful existence within the Swadhyaya Yoga School community and as a basis for yoga principles. In consideration of my application towards a Registered Yoga Teacher certification, I agree to uphold the following ethical principles:
Discipline. Discipline is an integral part of the training program. I will strictly observe the course routine. (Yama Niyama)
Rules and Regulations. I will respect the rules and regulations of Swadhyaya Yoga School’s Yoga Teacher Training program and understand that to do otherwise could result in termination of studentship with no refund.
Class Attendance. I will consult with an instructor or manager prior to absenting myself from the scheduled program and understand that excusing myself from the class without prior permission may be considered a gross breach of discipline.
Meals. I agree to notify management in advance if I intend to forgo a meal to avoid food waste.
Activities Not Related to Swadhyaya Yoga School. I understand and acknowledge that Swadhyaya Yoga School does not make arrangements for guests of students; and that any activity that is not related to the course is not permitted.
Class Times. I agree to be on time for classes. I understand I will not be permitted to enter any class once it has commenced.
Close Accounts. I agree to return all library books and any other articles belonging to Swadhyaya Yoga School before departing from the school.
Smoking, Vaping, Alcohol and Intoxicating Substances. I agree to abstain from all smoking, alcohol and intoxicating substances and understand these are not permitted during the training course.
I agree to conduct myself in a professional and conscientious manner. This includes, but is not limited to ensuring that I live up to any commitments I make to my teachers, classmates or Swadhyaya staff, ensuring that my practices and behavior conform to the representations I make about myself in holding myself as a yoga practitioner who adheres to certain precepts.
Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
Refrain from using words and demonstrating actions which constitute sexual harassment or harassment based on other legal protected characteristics with my classmates and my teachers
Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the yamas and niyamas.
I understand that Swadhyaya Yoga School reserves the right to withhold certifying me if they find that I am unable to comply with the Code of Conduct of the school, including a finding of failure to uphold the standards set forth in the Code of Conduct, which may or may not result in expulsion.
Prior to expelling me from the course, Swadhyaya Yoga School will provide me with a verbal notice, informing me of the basis for the potential expulsion and provide me with an opportunity to respond in writing or verbally. After review of the evidence, Swadhyaya Yoga School will issue a decision whether or not to expel me from the course, based on its reasonable judgment of the evidence presented to them.
I agree to hold Swadhyaya Yoga School harmless for any losses or damages I may incur as a consequence of being removed from the program. I understand any decision resulting in expulsion or premature withdrawal from active training will result in the loss of all fees paid, and no reimbursement will be provided.
A non-refundable initial deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your place in one of our non-certified and Registered Yoga Teacher Training Courses. Payment of the remaining balance will be required no less than 30 days prior to your arrival at the facilities. Please make sure you are able to attend. In case of an emergency or other unforeseen circumstances, we will use our discretion to transfer the deposit to another course within a year of the originally scheduled course date.
All aspirants are advised to carefully consider the time and resources required for the course before forwarding the application for the teacher training course. The deposit submitted with the application is not refundable. However, in case of emergencies and other unavoidable exigencies Swadhyaya Yoga School, at its discretion, may permit a student to attend another scheduled course up to one year from the date of the original course date. We therefore recommend that all applicants carefully examine their upcoming obligations so that they may be able to devote their full attention to the teacher training program.
The Swadhyaya Yoga School Cancellation Policy is in place to help Guests and SYS staff to maximize on our shared experience and allow for a more personable, intimate experience.
It is your responsibility to read and understand our cancellation policies. Exceptions cannot be made for any reason, including weather, injury/illness, or personal emergencies. No refunds or credits will be given for failure to attend or withdrawal from active training, or for arriving late or leaving early.
No one books a retreat with the intention of cancelling it, but circumstances often arise which are out of your control, such as medical problems prior to or during the trip. We encourage you to purchase trip cancellation insurance so that your trip fees are covered. We recommend Travel Guard Insurance where you can choose from several policy options.
Trip insurance should also be purchased to cover medical expenses in the event you have an accident during the course. Most travel insurance must be purchased within 14 days of making your reservation.
Any cancellation request submitted by the Guest will result in a total loss of the initial non-refundable, non-transferable deposit. In the event of cancellation, this deposit may be applied to another Swadhyaya Yoga School Teacher Training Course within one calendar year.
Cancel Under 60 Days Prior to Course Start Date
If you submit a written cancellation request less than 60 days from the training start date, unfortunately we cannot issue a refund for your deposit or the training itself. However, we can transfer the booking to another training date of equal value, at no extra administrative cost.
Cancel 60-120+ Days Prior to Course Start Date
If you submit a written cancellation request more than 60 days from the training start date, you can be refunded for the cost of the retreat, minus your deposit. However, we can transfer the booking to another training date of equal value, at no extra administrative cost.
We are facing unprecedented times as the world shifts in response to the global COVID-19 pandemic. Governments and airlines have instituted policies which affect travel and what is deemed to be essential travel. Swadhyaya Yoga School takes your health seriously and we have implemented policies to ensure your safety during your upcoming yoga teacher training course. Since these policies affect international travel, we will provide timely updates for your upcoming training and address existing questions during regularly scheduled Meet & Greets. After registering for our course, and prior to your departure for the training, please prioritize attending these sessions to stay well-informed.
We reserve the right to cancel retreats with inadequate participant interest, in which case all money paid to Swadhyaya Yoga School will be refunded. Notification of cancellation will occur at least 1 month prior to retreat start date. Swadhyaya Yoga School cannot be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets, due to changes in itineraries or retreat cancellations.
The reading, consumption and/or use of all information on Swadhyaya Yoga School’s website is of your own free will and assumes that you agree to the Terms & Conditions stipulated on this page.
We reserve the right to change any of these Terms and Conditions at any given time on this website. Please check back often.
Unless otherwise stated, I, Saint Adeogba, owner of Swadhyaya Yoga School, am the legal copyright holder of all material (written and multimedia) on this blog website. It is not to be used, reprinted or published (electronically or paper copy) in full or partially without explicit written consent from me.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to use any images or other content.
All information provided on Swadhyaya Yoga School’s website is for informational, entertainment and recreational purposes only.
Even though we work really hard to provide you with up-to-date information (including opening hours, current specials and offers, contact details, addresses, prices, course offerings, updates, etc.), we make no representations or warranties of any kind (expressed or implied) about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of any information, products or services contained on Swadhyaya Yoga School’s website for any purpose. The reader relies on the information on this blog solely at his/her own risk.
We aim to provide you with accurate information at the time of publishing, but some information may become outdated. Should you find any inaccurate information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Under no circumstances will I be liable for any loss or damage (including without limitation indirect or consequential loss or damage) or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
We will not sell any of your personal or contact information to another company. We will not add your contact information on spam lists. Swadhyaya Yoga School won’t, however, be held accountable for the privacy practices of anyone who comments on or interacts with the blog website’s content.
Swadhyaya Yoga School may use your information in a collation of data to measure, report on and/or examine general performance and statistics in order to improve performance; offer better site content; review site traffic and report on general site performance – but will at no point use individual data and information, which may expose any individual.
Swadhyaya Yoga School and all persons involved in retreats (herein after referred to as “AGENTS”) act only in capacity as AGENTS for the participant in all matters connected with travel, sight-seeing journeys and transportation, and as AGENTS hold themselves free of responsibility for any damage occasioned by any cause. AGENTS will not be responsible for any damages or expenses or inconveniences caused by late departures or change of schedule, strikes or to their conditions, nor will be responsible for loss or damage to baggage or any of the participant’s belongings. All prices quoted are correct at time of printing, include the cost of operation of the journeys, and are subject to currency changes. AGENTS shall not be responsible for personal injury, death, accident, delay, loss, damage, irregularity or property damage as a result of force majeure or for any other losses or damages incurred by any person or journey participants caused by any delay or change of itinerary or arising out of any act, including, but not limited to, any act of negligence, any person acting for or on behalf of AGENTS for transportation, accommodation or sight-seeing provider or any other person or entity rendering any of these services or accommodations being offered in connection with this journey. This agreement supersedes all previous oral or written communications, representations, or agreements between the parties. Participants assume the risk involved when participating in yoga, foreign travel, and any and all activities and/or pursuits voluntarily undertaken while participating in the retreat. Participants agree that any and all disputes between Participants and Swadhyaya Yoga School shall be governed by Georgia law. Participants agree to mediate any and all disputes prior to the institution of any litigation. In the event of any litigation between the Parties to this agreement involving their respective rights or obligations, such litigation shall take place in Fulton County, Georgia and the prevailing party shall be entitled to recovery of reasonable attorney?s fees and court costs of litigation. In regard to the stay during the yoga retreat, AGENTS will provide safe, careful instruction and safe premises, but ask that each participant to take personal responsibility for their own self-care and (in the unlikely case) for any injuries incurred during retreat. Modifications are given to students with specific needs. If participants are unsure of their physical ability due to previous injuries, they should seek the advise of a healthcare practitioner beforehand.
Swadhyaya Yoga School retains all copyright license rights and exclusively owns all photographs and material displayed on its website. This information may not be copied or used for any other purpose.
Normal Check-In and Check-Out times are 2 PM and 10 AM respectively. Guests may request Early Check-In and Late Check-Out subject to availability, and for an additional cost to the Guest. Please contact us for more information.
Last Updated: September 20, 2020